Friday 24 July 2015

I Hate How I Look

Everyone feels some type of way about their appearance. I really wish we could stay kids forever completely unconcerned about our appearance and weight and whether people are looking and judging us. Alas, this is not the case. I recently came across the perfect paragraph that describes how I, and most likely, many others feel about how we look. It is from Yes, Please by Amy Poehlr and you can read it below.


This ultimately sums up, very eloquently, how I feel and I imagine how many other people feel to and it is utter misery. You feel terrible because you're not as pretty or funny or smart as your friends are and then you feel despair because you have so much when others have so little and yet you seem to complain all the time and stare hatefully at your pores in the mirror. It just, it sucks, simply put. 

I wish there was some miracle that could make you love yourself, I am a firm believer that people only feel truly happy in their own skin when someone fully appreciates and adores them. Many people imply that unless you are happy within yourself then you won't find love, that is bullshit. Learning to love yourself comes solely from your experience of love given to you by other people, family, friends, lovers, they effect you so deeply. 

We all have days when we are not concerned with how we look, but at some point you catch sight of yourself and you can't help but wishing for more. And then you feel shitty about it. I don't have the cure for this, I sincerely wish that I did. All I can say is if you think how you look sucks do something, if you can, to make yourself happier about your appearance. Buy a new dress, paint your nails, pluck your eyebrows, dress up as a clown and then take off the makeup to reveal your tan skin underneath the white paint. Just do something, stop wallowing in misery and jealously searching Google Images for Megan Fox. Thats all the advice I have to give at the moment. 

Best wishes,
Kiran

No comments:

Post a Comment